Thursday, August 18, 2005

Here I Am, Home Again

Hey there everybody. It's good to be back home. I enjoyed my visit with my nephew and sister. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. He is doing better and is at home again. He has a bad case of acid reflux which is causing respiratory issues and the doctors are trying to decide the next course of action, but he's not in serious danger, just annoying problems that poor little Chason and mother have to deal with.

Let's see, I kinda sorta finished something. The blue tank I was working on, but it's a toss-up. True to my fashion, I'm done knitting on it, but little else. I knitted one side a couple of years ago and then thought it might be too big, so I knit the other side a little smaller(I know, wtf?), so anyway, I don't know what to do with this thing. If I should try to block the heck out of one size, so the other side matches, or just rip the whole thing out and let the yarn rest till next summer? We'll see . . .




I mentioned in previous posts about a yarn purchase and it's wasn't much, and no, it wasn't Cotton-Ease! Although when we went to Jo-Ann's in Atlanta for my sister, I did go check out the yarn section, sad to say. But alas, there was no Cotton-Ease, which was good for my budget. One day, while out and about, my sister took me by the yarn store and she and Chason hung out in the car, so I knew my time was limited. I went to the Yarn Garden in Lawrenceville, Georgia. It was a very nice shop and I wish I had more time to peruse the shop, but as I said, time was an issue. There was a cranky baby and a perhaps cranky mom who indulged my yarn fetish habit. What a good sis, huh? So anyway, walking through the various rooms, I looked at the cotton room, but am ready for fall knits and headed on to the wool room. Yum, I so love wool. And what did I see in front of me, an old favorite, Cascade 220. I saw a teal color and a beautiful solid rust color, but the heathered rose color did me in. I had to have it and what a beautiful reminder of my Atlanta trip!




I'll have more to report tomorrow, but other various house duties await me. I should have pics up of the Sockapalooza socks, finally. But I'll leave you with a picture of me and my nephew. Taking care of a baby is hard work, being able to rock him to sleep was a treasure.


Awww.

No comments: