Thursday, January 12, 2006

Why I haven't Blogged recently

Besides not having much time to post as of late, from my last post at last week's end, my major goal was to get the baby sweaters all seamed up. However, I was having too much fun to really sit down and concentrate. When I finally did b/c both the boys were gone Monday and Tuesday nights to various sporting events, I thought I will have all this time to do it and no one will be at home. Hah! Fat chance! Instead, I did laundry, cooked, watched a bit of tv and then became frustrated when they came home and I wasn't done yet and couldn't concentrate on the task at hand. However I did manage to pull it together and get one of them finished for Chason. This cute little sweater will be winging its way to my nephew today, with a belated Xmas gift toy and something for the parents too! I just love this sweater for him. I believe I'm going to make him a pair of baby mittens with matching stripes for him too. But that will happen later.

Without further ado, here's the finished sweater:


Project Specs:
Pattern: Raglan Sweater from Debbie Bliss' The Baby Knits Book
Yarn used: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease
Needles used: Size 8
Completion time: September '05-01/3/06
And yes the pattern is really that simple, but I simply had no desire to sew up the sweater. After these two baby sweaters, I'm taking a break from this pattern. I bought a Knitting Pure & Simple pattern the other day for a baby sweater in the round that I think I will like working with much better. I just don't want to sew in seams for a baby sweater. Just too much work for little people!

And yes only one of those buggers is done, but the green one just needs the side seams sewn up as well as the sleeves and some ends sewn in, but that one should be done by this weekend. I no longer work with the parent, so no guilt on that end except that which is created by me.


Just to prove that I am still working on Spork, a progress photo:



I cast on the third and final color last weekend at knitting at Border's and kept working on it intermittently throughout the week. All of a sudden I was at the end of the ball and the funny part is, this ball got me a lot more yardage than the previous other colors, so I assume my gauge changed, not that I bothered to check you see, it's going to be felted anyway. I do need to join one more ball for half an inch, but I'm not sure if I should bother for half and inch or not? I may just not.

I did finally sit down like a good girl last weekend and worked on the buttonhole band for NSS and it's done now. I was concerned that I didn't have enough buttons (9), but I just wasn't spacing them apart well enough. With guidance from my friends at the helpful LYS, I got them done and then I gathered up all my stuff and dropped it back off for them to sew in the ends (Gosh, I'm so lazy as of late!), sew on the buttons (b/c the last sweater, the buttons feel loose to me) and sew up the hem (b/c I'm a little concerned about this one). So hopefully in a few weeks time I'll get it back and debut it.

I also finally cast on for M's sweater. I'm sure he's happy b/c he's been bugging me about that one for awhile. It's twisted ribbing for 2.5 inches, so right now, not much progress has been made on it, so no pics today. Maybe in a couple of weeks.

The sock is also getting some love (due to the work environment, I got lots of time to knit in the slow evenings). I'm on the second sock and have picked up stitches and am working on the decreases through the foot section after picking up stitches. I've got a lot of the foot to go, but it's all a stockinette roller coaster ride from here.


This weekend I'm going to cast on for the Fair Isle Jazz and knit on it with a bunch of friends and I'm excited to get my hands on those beautiful jewel tones. It should be a lot of fun.

Lastly I heard about this from another blog, that this week is DeLurking Week.


I know there are a lot of people that come through and visit the blog, but don't always leave comments. Today is the day to expose yourself. Please drop me a quick comment and let me know where you're from. It's always nice to meet new people.

No comments: