Thursday, February 26, 2009

Back with another FO

It could almost seem that I was that impressive with back-to-back FOs, but I finished this sweater well over three weeks ago. I'm a bit ambivalent about the finished result. I like how it looks, but I had some problems with the pattern. Even though I reknit the neck, it is better, but the neck doesn't sit properly on me. Once I put on the sweater, I have to adjust a bit to make it sit right and fumble with it all day to keep the neck/shoulders up. I think it's a good pattern, but I must have made some errors when I knit the pattern. I also chose to knit the sleeves plain.

Enough with the blathering and on to the pictures. I could never get the timing right to have someone take photos of me at home. I had a presentation tonight in one my grad school classes and I wore my sweater with a skirt and felt comfortable enough to give a presentation, so I think it was a winner in that sense. Unfortunately you get bathroom shots. Sorry about that, but I thought that was better than waiting awhile longer. Soon it will be too late to wear this sweater at all.

Full-on frontal view:

 On the side:

And a couple photos just because I liked them. I went to the extra effort of rolling my hair for the presentation, so I wanted to document the hair. Silly, I know.




Project Specs

Pattern: Ribby Pulli by Bonne Marie Burns
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool
Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) and US 5 (3.75 mm)
Length: October 2007 through January 19, 2009

This project really shouldn't have taken me this long. I was going strong on it initially, but in January of 2008, I put it aside to work on the Everyday Tweed sweater. Once that happened, I did not come back to this sweater until November of 2008. After my previous neck debacle, I had to rip it out and start over with picking up of stitches around the body and reknit the ribbed neck. This time the amount of stitches seemed correct, but I think that I could have decreased it by eight stitches for a better fit. Whether or not I want to do it again, eh, not so much.

The high point to all of this is the yarn and the color. I absolutely adore Silky Tweed and have already added enough yarn for 3 projects to my stash.

Thanks for reading this far along, if you did so. Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll be back early next week with a new post.

No comments: