Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Which I post twice in one month


Just under the gun, I'm back again. I was hoping to be able to model my latest handknit garment, but it was not meant to be. I finally finished knitting the tabs, which took all of 1 hour and sewed them on the garment. I bought cute vintage glass buttons, but I need to move them over a bit, as the cardigan looks a bit strained. I will re-sew them and steam block the cardigan. Hopefully I can wear it to work tomorrow. If so, I should be able to get a picture soon.

Since I don't have a garment, I do have a pair of handknit socks that have been completed. At least there is some knitting, right? Yay! Besides, handknit socks are always good.
In a beautiful and crazy colorway of Trekking, I finished a pair of simple, stockinette socks.

Here's a teaser of the Flutter Sleeve cardi. I have to say that this project was really worth the effort. The cardigan is very flattering. I tried it on at knit night and my knitting girls were all very complimentary. Can't wait to actually wear this and have it as part of wardrobe.


Ok, I will be back soon with modeled pics.

No comments: