Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Two Socks Do Not a Pair Make



Hmm, these were the two socks that I finished. Right after I finished one of the Opal Lollipop socks, I cast on with some of the forthcoming yarn I received from the wonderful Carola earlier this past summer after ogling her socks so much, she kindly passed on her leftovers to me. Although I'm usually not a fan of short socks for myself, I wasn't sure of the yardage, so I made them short and they are house socks for me. Well they will be when they get done. Right now, 1/2 of that duo is done.

But since some people seem to think with all my knitting projects ADD that I'm not finishing things, let me present the finished pair of Opal Lollipop socks!


These were so much fun to knit. Even with knitting a sock in between, I really enjoyed them and as you can see, it really didn't take me long to knit these at all.

Since it's all about socks here all the time, here's the newest arrivals to the sock yarn stash!


There is Trekking at the top (going clockwise), then Regia Banner Color (large stripes of color), then Opal Dreamcatcher, the new Regia Havanna color (in Stacey's favorite color, pink!) and some Opal in the Doktorfish colorway. Sock yarn is so satisfying. I still have yet to succumb to the Socks That Rock and other premiere sock yarns that are variegated and 100% merino wool, precisely for the fact that my socks are wearable. I think the yarns are beautiful, but am hesitant to purchase them b/c they have no nylon. I've been knitting socks for at least 3 1/2 years and while I may only 6-9 pair of handknit socks, I haven't worn them out yet. That worries me, so I stick with what works for me. Maybe later I'll be a bit more adventurous! There is still more Trekking that I want. It's very contagious that silly yarn, but I do love it. After knitting this pair of Opal at the right amount of stitches, I'm really enjoying it, which is a good thing, since I have a lot of Opal in my stash!

In one of my previous posts, I mentioned my dilemma with keeping the Debbie Bliss Cotton Cashmere yarn. Well, dilemma no more. I returned it and got some fabulous new yarn! I'll post later about it.

Lastly, this is as close to a finished pic as you will see for awhile with the Bliss cardi. Now that's the weather's getting warmer, I'm not in that much of a rush to finish it. If when I get around to looking for a zipper or contacting Zipperstop, I'll get a custom-zipper (or not), but I'm really not that worried about it now, but when I do have it, I'll model the sweater, even if it is 90 degrees. The cardi fits nice, but I should have allowed a bit more ease in the sweater as I would have liked to be able to wear a lightweight sweater with it, but that won't be the case. Oh well, lesson learned.



Over and out.

No comments: