Sunday, July 30, 2006

First of all

I wanted to let you all know about a wonderful vendor whose products I recently purchased. I've been reading Chris' blog for over a year now and really enjoy it, but recently she's begun selling shawl pins, stitch markers and the like. I finally broke down and bought a few things. I'm so happy with my purchases, I just had to share:


Her shop over at Etsy is here. I'm just a pleased customer. I bought a green beaded shawl pin and 2 sets of stitch markers. Obviously I was in love with the green at that time and the blue clay stitch markers are so cute to me. Not that I really needed more stitch markers, but they are quite cute.

Secondly, this weekend I've cast on for new projects. The first being Tivoli using some lovely yarn from Elann, Endless Summer Collection Luna in a coppered sienna color.

I also plan on casting on for the Ballet Camisole using Knit Picks Shine Sport in the Crocus color. I can't wait to get started.

As you can tell, I obviously "had" to buy some new yarn because I didn't have anything that was sportweight or dk weight to make these knits. As I was going through my stash of yarn today, I decided there were some yarns that needed to go. There were some that I just don't want to work with or never could find a use for. I'm going to put them up on my blog for sale first if anyone is interested and if not, they will go up on eBay. That will be in a separate post.

I also finished the Clapotis on Friday. I plan to get it block it in the next couple of days and then I will take a pic and post. I forgot I also finished a pair of socks a little bit ago, but never posted those. There will be some new FOs showing up on the blog soon, but it may be after I return from my trip. I'll be going out of town beginning Thursday through the following Tuesday to visit the world's cutest nephew(Ok, my nephew! :-)) in Atlanta, as well as traveling to Monroe, LA (my hometown) for my family reunion. I expect I'll have at least one more post this week, which may be my yarn sale stuff and that may be it until I return. We shall see.

No comments: