Sunday, March 25, 2007

Chevron Scarf Beginnings

So, I'm a joiner. Although I did choose to make the Chevron Scarf from LMKG, I'm not using Koigu, nor sock yarn as others have done so. My scarf is done with sportweight Lorna's Laces in a discontinued colorway, Valentine and also in the Desert Flower colorway, as shown below.



I love the pattern and the scarf is coming quite nicely. This picture marked the beginning of it, but it is much longer now, currently at 27.5 inches in length. Some people have finished this and said it's over 6 feet long. I have two skeins of each color of Lorna's Laces and while I like how it's turning out, I can't imagine knitting both balls of this yarn. The yarn cakes hardly look touched, so I have a feeling this scarf is only going to be as long as one skein of each color will take me. I'm knitting it on size 5 needles and for a scarf, that seems so tiny. If it is too short, then I would keep going with the second set of yarns.



Thanks to everyone with the comments regarding the sweater. It's not too short, per se, but I have a sweater that I wear at work that is about 2-3 inches longer and I just wanted this sweater to be the same length. The sweater I'm knitting is similar in style to the "work" sweater and I like that length, so I will be ripping out that seed stitch and adding a bit more length to it. That part I'm not so interested in, so I will probably work the sleeves next, just so they're finished and then go back and work on the body.

As for the Perfect Pie Shawl, I do think I could use that yarn, but I am worried or rather, don't want to do math to figure out how to make it larger. Sad, but true. I think I will try the shawl pattern with a heavier yarn. I really like the pattern, but it also calls for short rows, which I don't love doing and frankly I'm too lazy to figure out the math to make it work with regular lace weight yarn, vs. the mohair. If I use a different yarn, it would probably be a dk-weight or lt. worsted.

No comments: