Thursday, March 15, 2007

Tweed '03 Top-Down Cardi and a Question for all you lacers out there?

First of all, thank you to everyone for your supportive comments from my last post. I really appreciate it. Please know that I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of going back to school now, but those were my feelings from the past, just because I never finished my degree. Now I'm excited to be so close to being done. I really enjoy being back in school and am contemplating a master's. We will see how that goes after finishing the bachelor's first.


I finished the knitting of the Top-Down Raglan Cardi. I think I'm going to measure it against another sweater that I like the length of. I think this might be a bit short, although it's not really short, b/c it's 23" in length now. What do you think? Sorry for the bathroom shot, but I was home alone and I just wanted to get a picture.



Now lastly, I've been hankering for a bit of lace. After the first lace attempt of this year, in the Wool Peddler's Shawl in the angora/wool, I bought some laceweight, Blackberry Ridge 2-ply laceweight. I found another pattern, the Perfect Pie Shawl from Weekend Knitting. The original shawl was knitted in mohair. As you know, I am allergic to mohair, so that would not be an option. I'm wondering if this yarn would work for the pattern as it's knit on sz 10 1/2 needles and while I can knit it on larger needles (maybe between sz 3-5), but am just wondering for anyone that may have knit this, is it possible to do another repeat or so to make it larger? I'm curious as to other's opinions if this yarn would work for this pattern?

Thanks and happy knitting!

No comments: