Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Charlotte Choices

So I've been wanting to knit a Charlotte's Web shawl for quite some time. The more I think about it now, I think it would be perfect to use various sock yarns that I've "collected" over time. I've combed through my sock yarn stash and put some combinations together. I've got a poll on the sidebar to the right. If you're reading this blog post through a feed aggregator, please select the link and visit the site to vote. Please take a look and vote or leave a comment as to why you selected a specific color choice.


Charlotte's Choice 1

L to R: Trekking XXL (orange), Fearless Fibers Merino sock yarn colorway Brick House, Trekking XXL (purple) and Red Rocks Fiber Works in colorway Jeni's choice (yellows, oranges, reddish-orange)

Charlotte's Choice 2 v1

L to R: Mama Llama wool/tencel sock yarn, colorway Jenn, Red Rocks FiberWorks Honeymoon colorway and Mama Llama wool sock yarn in color Vino


Charlotte's Choice set 2 v2

L to R: same as the first, with the addition of Colinette Jitterbug Florentino colorway


Charlotte's Choice set 3 v1

L to R: Spirit Trail Fiber Works Turquoise variegated, Claudia's Handpaint Caribbean Sea, Ball and Skein Sargasso Sea, Dream in Color Smooshy Cocoa Kiss and Colinette Jitterbug Beech colorway.


Charlotte's Choice set 3 v2


L to R: 1st three same as above, with Socks That Rock Nodding Violets colorway

The points to remember are that the original Charlotte's Web consists of 5 separate colorways of Koigu. I don't have a Koigu collection, nor do I want to begin one. I, um, have enough of a sock yarn collection as it. Besides, I'd rather use some of my sock yarn for something, such as a shawl.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!

No comments: