Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spa Special Swap

I have to tell you that I have been a slacker all week. Many apologies to Deb, as she was my Special Swap partner. I received her package early last week, but didn't get around to posting until today. Although, I did of course, thank her properly in email, I just didn't have the time or energy to sit still, take pictures and write a proper post. Last week's time change really did a number on my energy levels this past week.

This swap's theme was a Spa swap. This was my first time participating in a Special Swap hosted by Lynne. It was quite a bit of fun to come up with ideas for a swap for my pal. I really enjoyed shopping and finding things for someone else. I'm sitting out the next round, but hope to join back in as I found it so fun.

Deb was a most wonderful partner. She emailed me shortly after we were assigned partners and she told me that she'd already come up with ideas, whereas I am always a bit of a procastinator. I did start reading her blog, but the two weeks leading up to the deadline to mail the package, I was dragging my feet. Especially, because for part of the package, I'd decided to knit a face cloth for my pal. I thought since we were doing a spa swap and the purpose of spa days to me is to entirely pamper yourself. As women we tend to do so much for others, I thought something handknit for another knitter is something a knitter would truly appreciate.

Deb really spoiled me. I don't know how she knew that I planned on knitting the Honeybee Stole this summer. She gifted me with a kit from Wooly Wonka Fibers, which contained yarn in Wooly Wonka Fibers merino laceweight (1400 yds) in Buckwheat Honey, along with the pattern. The picture below also shows some samples of Soak, which I've never used before and potpourri from the Body Shop.



Back in the day, I used to be a huge Body Shop groupie. I always loved body and bath items, but I've found that I'm allergic to many ingredients in body gels and things, so I limit the body items I buy to being all natural or using essential oils. The Body Shop bag full of goodies was just perfect! This reminds me to get out and get some more things to pamper myself and that I can use a lot of the Body Shop products, yay! In addition to the bag, there was a headband, perfect for washing your face and keeping facial cleansers out of your hair, an eye mask, Body Butter, one of my personal faves! I've heard of Knitter's Balm, but never used it, but now I get to try it and some Satsuma Lip Balm w/shimmer. Very nice. I've already started using the lip balm.




Last weekend before I received Debby's package, I was lamenting that I wanted some new lace yarn and wanted something hand-dyed. I really wanted to buy something but was having a hard time finding exactly what I wanted. I'm glad I made myself wait till I received Debby's package. The Buckwheat Honey yarn suits the bill. Just beautiful.

Thanks again Deb!

I'll be back again soon, hopefully tomorrow with a question on color choices for a Charlotte's Web shawl.

No comments: