Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ooh,la, la . . .Hourglass FO

For all of you asking about the Hourglass, your wish has been granted. Sorry for the delay and all. But as it is difficult to get good pictures, I had to get M out of the house for 7 a.m. and take some pics outdoors and then rush back indoors to get them uploaded. Yesterday I ended up taking M2 to school, attending a meeting at that school, rushing off to work and then attending another meeting at a potential high school for M2 after work, so there was no time to get the pictures up and a proper post.

Anyhow, here are some pictures for your perusal. M didn't realize the first round of pics he took were in b&w, somehow he changed the setting on the camera. Then we got to retake the pictures. That's always fun when someone is rushing you. But they are done.









The pictures are self-explanatory, so no details there.

Project Specs:
Sweater pattern: Hourglass from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn used: Jaeger Luxury Tweed in China Pink
Size needle: US 7 (4.5 mm) Addi Turbos
Project Length-October 1-ish-November 30th
Modifications:Not really. Because the yarn I was using was giving me a different gauge, I made a larger size to compensate for my gauge. The sweater is a bit bigger than I preferred. Although after blocking, the sweater did grow as well too. Perhaps on the next large scale project, I'll actually block the swatch! (grr!) Anyhow, I really like this sweater and see myself making another one. It is quite comfortable and the boatneck neckline was more flattering that I thought for a girl with a chest, so I was pleased with that result. Whenever I do make this sweater again, I wouldn't use this yarn. Before blocking the sweater was quite itchy, but a couple of rinses with hair conditioner and then a wool wash really softened up the sweater. Because the yarn is a blend of merino wool and alpaca, it does shed quite a bit. That's the only downside to this sweater is the constant shedding and it's not really loc-friendly yarn for my locs to hang over, but it's done and I love it and the color. Every project is a lesson and while I'd had a thing recently for alpaca as some sort of luxury fiber, those days are far behind me. Alpaca just doesn't work for me and my hair and I really dislike the shedding as well.

No comments: