Monday, December 04, 2006

Stranded: The Colorwork Challenge KAL

Tthere is another knitalong that I joined. I've been really interested in colorwork as of late, but realistically I'm not sure how much I will get done. Last year, MJ hosted a stranded knitting kal and this year, it has its own blog, here. I especially joined to finish Fair Isle Jazz.

Here's a short questionnaire from the blog:

What are your projects for this knitalong? Fair Isle Jazz scarf, as soon as I get past the cabling, so I can do the other side of Fair Isle on this scarf, as well as a pair of Endpaper Mitts from Eunny Jang. I think these are so cute.

Is this your first colorwork project? If it isn't, what was your first, and has it survived the test of time?
This isn't my first project, but it hasn't been finished yet either. I suppose the correct answer here would be yes, it's my first project, but it has been ongoing since January of this year. This project is a combination of fair isle on both sides of the scarf, with a 24 row cable pattern, to be repeated 7 times. I am now in the final stages of completing the cable pattern, on row 18 of 24, so definitely in the home stretch now. I'm encourage to finish the cabling (which is really not my favorite part) to get back to the fun fair isle.




Hourglass is done blocking. Hopefully I'll get my photographer to take pictures in the a.m.? We'll see how it goes.

No comments: