Friday, December 01, 2006

A little bit of this, a little bit of that . . .

So I thought I would post a few things. Lots of things have been going on. Some of these pics might be older FOs that never made it to the blog.
Below are a finished pair of M2's shorty socks, the second pair, although the picture is a bit dark of his socks and another garter stitch scarf out of Patons SWS yarn (soy/wool blend) with fringe! I really liked the colors of the yarn, but it sheds entirely too much and is not "loc friendly", so I will give it away as a gift.


Next up, I finished the Thuja socks in Koigu. I love these socks and I am so happy that they are done. This week I've been on a finishing kick and finally decided these lingered long enough. If you can tell, the socks are different sizes. One is larger than the other by about 4 stitches. My gauge changed on the second Koigu sock and I'm happier that I made them smaller. I think if I made socks using Koigu again, I could easily knit socks with 52-56 sts. And the socks got even softer with washing (which I washed in the washer on the delicate cycle, but let them air dry).



And even though I didn't quite get Hourglass done for NaKniSweMo, it was pretty close. I finished the knitting last week and started working on the all of the godforsaken hems. I love the look of them, but they are a beast. I will use it again, but I will start sewing down the hems a lot sooner than at the very end. Last night I finished the last sleeve hem and reworked a kitchener at the underarm. (It became a 3 needle bindoff! ;-)) Now, it still needs a bath and some pinning down, especially around the neck hem, but I think I'm going to like it. I like the fit of it, but if I were to make this again (and there's a strong possibility that I would, I would make it a bit more fitted and a little less long). Expect a post next week with a modeled Hourglass!



And just because my dear sweet nephew hasn't had much face time on the blog in awhile, a pic of Chason being so mischievous. He's grown up so much now and is no longer a baby, but a toddler, getting into everything.
mischevious Chason

Have a good weekend all! I'll soon have another FO to show that was using some lovely Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb (silk and wool), a purchase I never blogged about! ;-)

No comments: