Monday, July 09, 2007

Ballet Camisole revealed

Thanks for all the well wishes for M2. He really enjoyed reading them and was surprised that so many people that didn't "know" him would send him birthday wishes. He definitely enjoyed his 14th this year. And is attempting to act more maturely too! Yay for us.

The weekend went by too quickly as usual. A lot of time was spent on the Mystery Stole 3 (yeah, I signed up too this year). But I'm still so slow and behind. Anyhow, I've got something else to show you. FOs abound in this household lately.

Let me present to you a top I'm very pleased with. Knitting Ballet Camisole was fairly easy, but I decided to add short rows in the bust area.

If the pictures look a little wonky, sorry about that. I played around with the tripod and automatic timer feature on the camera. I took several photos and selected the best, as it were, but they are definitely not a substitute for having a photographer of the bf taking the photos for me.



A side view of the Ballet Cami, showcasing my faux "side seams"


Another view of the Cami:



Pattern: Ballet Camisole
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport
Needles used: US 6 (4 mm needles)
Start: end of May 2007
Finish: June 24, 2007

Modifications: for the most part, I knit this pattern as written. It was in the round, top-down, which is one of my favorite methods. However, another knitter on Ravelry admitted that she wished she'd added short row shaping at the bust. Since it's something I've wanted to try and understand successfully, I decided to incorporate it into this pattern. I also planned on having the knitting done up to the armholes before I went on vacation, but that didn't happen. I was forced to figure it out myself. Luckily for me, the internet is always open. Thanks to Bonne Marie and Lucia's tutorials, I was able to figure it out. I was ever so pleased with myself. I am typically not the the type to figure out things by pictures alone. I tend to prefer to have someone show me, usually just figuring out by a book method doesn't "stick" with me and I don't grasp the concept as clearly. I guess determination won out this time. So much so, I'm ready to incorporate bust shaping in another project soon.

That's pretty much it for this project. A quick and easy knit and it fits well, so I'm chuffed!

No comments: