Monday, July 11, 2005

Blueberry Waffle Socks FO



Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks
Yarn: Fortissima Colori 1000 100 gr. ball color 488
Started: sometime in March (before I started blogging) and completed on 07/11



I'm lovin' the FO mania happening here at WWK. I guess eventually all projects must come to an end, right? Anyhow, this is my first pair of socks using a pattern other than my generic stockinette socks pattern. It took me a little bit to do these, but the socks went to the wayside while working on other things. I wanted to get these socks done before I began work on socks for my Sock Pal, so these had to be finished.
I'm quite happy with these socks and so pleased with them. Because of the waffle stitch, these socks are quite stretchy and very comfortable. I love them. Now my M wants a pair too.

This past Friday, the MHC Knitters were meeting again, this time at Michaele's in Boulder. It was amazing that Stacey and I even made it as I printed out the directions, but only printed out half of them. So we made it to Boulder and then winged it, but we made it! A great time was had by all. Thanks to Michaele again for hosting it. We will miss you once you move to UT, but hopefully the time will fly so that you'll soon be back.

Since the meetup was to be a finishing party, I worked on a tank I'd "finished" (at least knitting it) about a month ago, but finally worked on weaving in the ends. I don't think I will need to do anything to stabilize the shoulders, so I will work on the neck finishing and should be reporting a FO for that one shortly.

For status on my summer knitting, here's progress on Donna. I'm on the sleeves, which are longer than I wanted, but at this point, I just want it done, so it doesn't matter.



They are soon to be done, but after I seam the parts together, I will still have to work on the neckline edging. I love this top, but I swear it will never end.

As far as Tempting is going, so far it's not. I hope to pick up the stitches and put them back on the needles tonight. Maybe by the end of the week, I can have that project done too. The nice thing about this one is it's done in the round, so I will need to weave in the ends, but that's all. Any suggestions on this one as far as ribbon color is concerned? I have no ideas of what color would look good with it. I just don't want to do a white or black as those are the expected ones or the only combos I can come up with and I'd like something a little better or different.


I've also joined yet another KAL. Well, not exactly. I've joined Stashbusters courtesy of Dani. I'm at a point right now, where I want to focus my upcoming projects for a bit on using stash yarn, rather than buying anything new. Or at least finish some projects out of stash, so that if I buy something new, something old has been going on its way out. Dig? So if you see the Stashbusters button on the KAL part of my page, that's what it's for. I'll announce my July Stashbusters project a little later on.

Since I'm thinking that I will have some things finished soon, I was thinking about going ahead and finishing up the blue tank top that only needs a second piece done and also starting Soleil from Knitty. But I doubt that I will get both finished in time and since the blue top has been hanging around for 2+ years, it would be nice if this one just got finished instead. And then I will focus on working on a sweater that I stopped working on over a year ago when I ran out of yarn. It's a bit hot to deal with wool, but my thinking is that if I at least start on the sleeves, that won't be so hot and I could get the sleeves done. Then I could muster up some courage to begin working on the fronts, etc.


And if you're still here, I also started on Triada from Interweave Knits a couple of weeks ago, but here's the first publicized pic.


I guess that's all for today.

No comments: