Friday, July 08, 2005

OSW FO!

Many thanks to Stephanie for the pattern. Finally some pics of a finished item. This little number didn't take too long, but it wasn't a one night wonder for me, either.

Here's the front pic:
Posted by Picasa


And the back pose:
Posted by Picasa


The yarn I used was Austermann Microlana, 50% wool, 50% microfiber. I used a taupe color. I liked the yarn alot and it was quite soft, but the yardage was pretty skimpy (85 yds per), so I had to use 3 balls of yarn. I did not enjoy sewing in all the ends, but otherwise it was fine. I made the next size up from my measurements as I wanted to make sure it would fit my larger arms. I opted not to do the 2x2 ribbing around the body of the garment and used a seed stitch border instead. I'm very happy with this pattern and the project.

At first I wasn't sure that I liked it, until I wore it an office building and it kept me from freezing. I still had goosebumps on my arms, but I didn't feel like I couldn't stand it. In the summertime, I love to wear sleeveless tops but hate freezing in an office environment, even if I am wearing appropriate clothing,
Jon! So this is the prefect means to combat that problem. I see another one or two of them in my future.

The only negative is it is slightly difficult to get out of!

That's all the knitterly news that fit to print around here, so later.

p.s. There's other stuff but had no time for pics today. Hopefully over the weekend. And is it really sad that I was bored in my class today, so I wrote up my blog post?!?!?!?! Gotta have your priorities.

No comments: