Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's Raining Yarn

Yep, that's what I said, It's Raining Yarn over here. I love it!

To the rescue, another secret pal angel, much to my surprise. I received this package in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to show it to you. I got some of the best stuff. I was so excited when I opened the package. I put up two pictures, because I couldn't get one to show everything just right.


Secret Pal gifts Posted by Picasa

This picture shows the yarn pretty well. I got two balls of some cool sock yarn in bright colors, pinks, greens, blue and it's Norwegian yarn. Pretty interesting and very soft. And also some Brown Sheep Handpaint Original, which I've always loved but never bought for myself. This might be used in a scarf or so, you just never know!



second photo of Secret Pal Angel booty Posted by Picasa


I got a very sweet card, although I have to say, I have no idea who my angel is, except she's Canadian (that's the postmark anyway) and that she travels alot. The beaded bag is from her travels in Laos (wow!), a cool magnetic bookmark, which I just love. Regular bookmarks always get lost. And M actually bought me some beautiful ones last Xmas and I'm scared to use them for fear I'll leave it in a library book or something. Magnetic bookmarks are just a smart idea and I went on and on about this last night. I must hit the bookstore to look for more. Ok, can you tell I'm easily excited by simple things! A couple of stitch markers, one with a Pooh bear and beads and the other with a Chinese symbol on it and beads. Also some very cool flower stickers that look 3-D. I love this package and thank you so much to both my Secret Pal Angels that swooped in and made this experience much better for me! I so appreciate it all.

Not much knitting to report, I worked a repeat on the lace scarf with the Chai color and it's turning out great. And I finished the first sock. Still need to kitchener the toe though. And I worked a few more rounds of lace rib on the second sock while waiting at the dentist yesterday with M's son. He had to go twice for 4 cavities. I usually hate to wait, but knitting made that a non-issue. Although he hated waiting, but I told him I could teach him how to knit. Somehow, as I knew, that didn't go over big with him. Although I'm to make him a pair of house socks now.


Has anyone seen Karen's Mia Shrug? Or Kathy's aka Grumperina's version? I really like this shrug and it keeps calling me. In case you're interested, the pattern is available via .pdfhere here or on Karen's site in case my link to the pdf doesn't work. Hmm, what do you think?

I think the first thing I'm going to do is attempt seaming up Donna. Remember her? Yeah, she's been sitting in a basket for awhile. I guess it's time for me to play nice as she never did nothing to nobody. That's all for now.

No comments: