Saturday, March 11, 2006

Just below the surface

I am here, underneath radar, just barely visible, but I am still here. Sorry for the radio silence here. I know everyone is busy and has lots of things going on. this whole back to work thing is really doing a number on my life, in a good way, but still life is much, more hectic now. I began to wonder how did I handle all of this stuff before, but then remember, oh, that's right, before when I was working, I wasn't a stepmom. This is why I'm having such difficulty adjusting. Many more things in my life than previously.

Of course, that does not stop the knitting. I'm almost done with the Bliss cardi. Although I've put it down for the moment. Just need to work the right front to this bad boy, seam it up and then work the neck and oh, yeah, I need a zipper too. But I won't be putting in the zipper. I'm too skeered to do that on my own, at least this time. I'm pretty happy with this cardigan and I guess for now, this will have to suffice as my March Project Spectrum Project as well. As the colors are red and pink and this is a shade of, right? It works for me. I still want to work on the Hourglass, but I want to finish up some other things first. At this point, I'm not really sure when I'm going to get to it.
Here you can see all the pieces that are finished:

I just love me a raglan, especially putting all the pieces together, just like a jigsaw puzzle, but wearable! :-)

Fair Isle Jazz has also seen some action. At one of the last knitting get-togethers, one of the ladies there helped me with the cabling instructions, so I've been able to progress on this project. And it's actually fun! Who knew, cables and fair isle would be this exciting? The only thing is, I don't like the bobble. I mean, I do like the bobble, but just not the first row, where it hangs below the first row, all the rest are nice and neat. I think it's just because the pattern has you change color, then to the main color and the first row has the droopy bobbles. But the rest are nice and perky. Here's a bit of closeup of the cabled section. Although now I'm well into the second repeat. Still have 5 more to go though.



And one of the whole enchilada:


I still haven't made any further progress on the i-cord gloves, but I'm hoping to correct that this weekend. I also cast on for a sock, actually two! But the first one is with my Lorna's Laces, but I just can't find the right pattern for it yet. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be most welcome. Oh, and it should hopefully be cuff-down. I don't do the toe-up socks and am not really intersted in learning. That sounds bad, doesn't it? But truthfully, cuff-down socks work really well for me and if it ain't broke, my motto is to not fix it!
The second sock is just a plain ol' stockinette sock that has some funny little pattern happening with it and I bought it a few years ago, so I don't even know what kind it is or anything.

I'm really ready for the StashAlong to end, because I want to buy yarn. Not for sweaters, but sock yarn. I want some new stuff and I want it now! I think I'm supposed to wait a few more weeks, but we'll see how much longer I hold out. I'm still thinking of going to a LYS tomorrow and pick up some.

That's all for now.

No comments: