Monday, October 23, 2006

10 Knitterly Things About Me

A meme started by Grumperina to list 10 knitting-related things about yourself that many may not know about you sounded fun, so here goes.

10. Until this year, I'd never tried my hand at any type of charted work for cables or lace.

9. I always thought I was the type of knitter who would never knit cables, lace or fair isle work. While I'd done some cables before, just very simple ones, I didn't much care for them.

8. I'm not a perfectionist when it comes to knitting. Often times I find a mistake, but I don't want to go back and unless there's a glaring error, I will keep knitting.

7. Now that I've done some fair isle work, while it's fun, I don't think I will ever want to do a whole sweater.

6. Although my favorite color is purple, I have no yarn in that color. Red is my second favorite and I have enough yarn in my stash for one sweater in red.
The reason I don't have my "favorite" colors in the stash is because I feel that if I have too much of it, it becomes common and less of a favorite. I'm very odd that way.

5. While I love knitting, I don't get the need to spin or dye. It's too much work and would take away from my knitting

4. I'm absolutely anal about my stash. I like to go and play with it all the time, take out a skein and think of what the possibilities are. I have a spreadsheet with all of my yarn listed and yardage. I'm currently at 35.94 miles of yarn. Mind-blowing to me.

3. I enjoy knitting most for me, as I appreciate my handknit items more than anyone else.

2. I don't have a favorite yarn. With every project, I tend to have picked out the yarn for some reason, so I enjoy the differences. I don't care for mohair any longer since I found out I was allergic and angora sheds. Everything else is fair game.

1. Still thinking about this one . . .

No comments: