Wednesday, November 08, 2006

About NaKniSweMo

Yeah, so it's the first week of November and I've found yet another KAL to join. This one has the purpose of imitating NaNoWriMo to knit 50,000 stitches in one month. There are no real hard and fast rules which suits my purposes just fine. I've decided to focus on finishing my Hourglass sweater. I'd put it down for a week or two while I tried to determine if my sleeves would be too big or not.




Well finally after casting on for the first sleeve this weekend, it appears the sleeve is just fine. I finsihed the first sleeve and attached it to the body and then cast on for the secnod sleeve today. Then I went to vote. While Im' glad to have the right to vote and that I did get the opportunity to vote last night, I was one of those caught up in the long voting lines. I stood in line to vote for almost 3 hours. That was quite the feat for me. Next time, it will be absentee ballot all the way for me. Nonetheless, I was able to knit while standing in line and I kept trucking along on my sleeve.

I even got to meet the Mayor of Denver, which was pretty cool. He went around to various polling sites thanking the voters for staying and voting and the volunteers passed out water, crackers, cookies and chips, which was great since I didn't get home until after 9:30 p.m.!
I even took a picture with the mayor while holding up my knitting. I'm such a nerd, what can I say?

And sorry for the cellphone-quality pic, but that was the closest to digital I could get at the time.

No comments: