I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Mine was great. I love going over to friend's house and being responsible for just one or two things, rather than a whole meal.
I finally got some new batteries for my camera, but I think I might have to tell Santa that I need a new camera for Christmas. This one is seriously wonky all of a sudden.
Because the Clap deserved its own post, you're getting a FO finally. My, my, this thing was really a beast. I really went through fits and starts to finish this one. Running out of yarn, which thankfully,Mim came to my rescue, with extra yarn. Mine is the Clapotis that ate everyone else's! It is so large and not what I wanted, but I can use it. I decided to go ahead and keep it. It is a nice wrap to throw on when one is cold, which I am frequently. I blocked it last weekend and have been using it since, so I guess it is a keeper.
Sorry for the crappy pics, but now my digital camera is not working so well. M tried and tried to take a decent picture, but this is what I ended up with. It is a bit blurry, but you can see how I wear it, which is how I'm wearing it at work right now!
This pic above shows the width of this Monster Clapotis.
Project: Clapotis from Knitty
Yarn used: Brooks Farm Limited Edition sock yarn-not listed on website, it is 60% wool, 20% silk, 20% viscose. It has a nice light weight warm to it.
Date Completed: started October '06 and finished November 16th, '06.
Modifications: not really any, except for that big glaring mistake of not following the instructions in Section 2 for the increase rows. Instead of doing 6 repeats in that section, I got confused with Section 3 and did 12 repeats, which is why I ran out of yarn.
I'm overall pleased with the project, even though it wasn't what I initially envisioned. One day, I may try again with the Clapotis to get it to the right size, but right now, I'm a bit burnt out on this pattern.