Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Couple of Things for the New Year

First, if you're reading this through Bloglines or another news aggregator, you may not have noticed two of the new buttons on my blog, but there are a couple of new things happening at WWK. I hate to just jump on the bandwagon, although I'd been seriously considering this ever since Wendy mentioned it on her blog. Those of you long time readers know of my stash angst, so it should come as no surprise that I've decided to Knit From My Stash.




My rules are:
1. The Knit From Your Stash (KFYS) will last from January 1, 2007 to September 30, 2007, same as Wendy's.

2. No yarn buying during this period, EXCEPT:

2a) Sock yarn does not count. Although for me, sock yarn purchases will be limited.

2b) If knitting for a gift that I do not have the yarn for, I am allowed to purchase yarn for the gift, i.e. knitting for babies.

2c) If I run out of yarn for a project, I am allowed to purchase only the necessary yarn to complete the project.

2d) I get two passes for buying yarn, one is for Estes (in June) and one fall of the wagon

2e) Souvenir yarn doesn't count (maybe I need to take some trips this year!)

3. Anyone who wants to send me yarn is encouraged (j/k) and allowed.

4. Stash trades are allowed.

5. This reduction in stash does not extend to book-buying, although it will reduced for a period of at least six months, where no more than 1 knitting book may be obtained each month. This restriction also does not affect patterns or needles.

Even though Polly says my sock yarn stash is a baby stash (and what is up with bloggers calling me out about the size of my stash anyways?), it's still a lot to me. Granted I know those who have so much sock yarn it would take them a few lifetimes to knit all those socks, I can take things to an extreme (for me), but if it's too, too much, I just go crazy. The KFYS just came at a good time for me personally.

And on the heels of that, on to movement for the body. . .
I'm definitely not where I want to be weight-wise or size-wise, but that is a work in a progress. What I want to accomplish with Runagogo is to encourage the habit of working ot regularly and incorporating movement of many kinds into my life. There will not be any running, more walking, biking (stationary) or other types of movement. My theory is that I only run when being chased, all other times are optional and I choose not to do so.




The goal here is to move 100 miles between now and April 1st. It seems a very doable goal. I may discuss it here and there on this blog, but probably moreso on Runagogo, although I may set up one of those ticker symbols here just to have a visual of how much further I have to go. I'm very excited to bring some new elements into my life in the New Year. Thanks all for your support!

No comments: