Thursday, September 28, 2006

FO: Arrowhead Lace Shawl

Yay, a FO! Friends, I finished Arrowhead Lace Shawl this weekend and got it blocked and even have a modeled photo shot! I do love how it turned out and I think my mom will love it too.

Fresh off the needles:


and after being blocked:




Project Specs: Arrowhead Lace Shawl from Interweave Knits Summer 06, as a staff project, found here
Yarn used: Plymouth Yarns Sportweight 3-ply Alpaca in a taupe/camel brown color, 2 full skeins, not much of the 3rd skein, 186 yds each
Needle used: US 7, 4.5 mm
Mods: added 3 additional repeats of chart 1 to make it larger. This is not a big shawl. I originally planned to make 4 repeats, but I got tired of knitting it. The chart got a bit repetitive, so I stopped. I love how it turned out. It's very lacy and drapes nicely. I think my mom will be happy with it. I really do need to get some blocking wires though. I'm ready for more lace. Perhaps the Swallowtail Shawl is my next lace project. Lace has definitely become addictive. I'm very surprised by it, but loving to knit it!

No comments: