Tuesday, September 05, 2006

She does knit!

I'm glad that I'm always able to keep my promises about posting, yea, right!;-) However I did spend most of the past Labor Day weekend, knitting, knitting and more knitting (and a bit of beading!, more later). I'm really ready to finish up some things that I'm working on. As the weather gets cooler lately, I'm ready to dig into some fall/winter knitting. One piece of a garment that was finished is the Lacy Tank(scroll down the page till you see patterns for Takhi Yarns). This is a sleeveless lacy tank and I've finished one piece and I'm using a yarn, Schachenmeyer Nomotta Rainbow, that's a blend of cotton, viscose and some other stuff.



It's red with a wraparound of some other stuff that gives it some slubby bits. It's a nice yarn that works very well in the pattern and imo looks better than just a complete solid Cotton Classic that the pattern calls for. Now I have to cast on for the second piece, but I'm really not that enthused to do so. I don't want it to become a piece that has to be finished next summer, but it could happen, we'll see.

For a lace project, I cast on a few weeks ago for the Little Arrowhead Shawl (caution: this opens up a pdf) from the Summer issue of Interweave, one of those staff projects, although my plan is to make it larger than the original using Plymouth Alpaca 3-ply sport yarn. It's working up pretty well and I love the color, which is a beige/taupe color, but I'm not enjoying the shedding of alpaca, which is something that I forget about. I may give this shawl away to my mother, we'll see. I'm past where I last photographed this shawl, as I'm now into the last repeat that the pattern calls for, but I'm doing 4 additional repeats. The pattern is a small shawl that is 40" in width and for each additional repeat, it adds 5 1/4" in width, so I figure I should attempt to get 60", but my mom is shorter than me, so I may only add 3 repeats for about 55" total. It depends on how quickly I'm ready to finish this shawl and right now, I'm pretty ready. I think I may be ready to cast on for the Diamond Fantasy Scarf with some Cherry Tree Hill yarn I have, so the Arrowhead Shawl may not be on the needles for much longer either.




Lastly, I've been working a lot of the Picovoli/Tivoli as of late. Mine is without the picot edges and I'm doing the waist increases now. I'm using
Elann Luna, which is a cotton/viscose blend. It's basically 2 yarns plied together, one matte, the other shiny, when knitted up, looks great. I bought some orange color, but it's not up on the site right now, but I absolutely adore it. It's a bit splitty, so you have to pay attention, but otherwise, pretty nice to knit with.


I hope to finish this by the week's end, however I will need to do a row or two of single crochet around the neck and sleeve edges to keep them from rolling, so I'll probably see if my friend's daughter will crochet it for me. Hopefully a FO will soon show up on this blog again.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I cannot wait to see your Tivoli! That color is so wonderful.