Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Dejected Lace

I might have left you with a bit of a cliffhanger in the last post. My lace shawl and I have not been getting along. But not for the reasons you would assume. The lace and I aren't getting along, things are tough at home, it's a rocky road, not feeling the love for it anymore. No, no, no. It's sadly that the yarn I chose for this project and I are simply not getting along. It's really too bad.



As you can see, the color is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't be happier with it. One small problem is that I keep feeling a burning sensation and getting headaches when I knit with this yarn. Hmm, sounds familiar? Sad but true. I appear to also be allergic to Garnstudio Angora Tweed. I really should have known better. I kept hoping that the angora wouldn't cause me any issues, but after the mohair debacle, I'm not sure why. No way to know of course if it would bother me but to try to knit with it. I did go into this project knowing that it could fail, but if it was successful, I would have a most beautiful shawl that would be warm and cuddly. I was really looking forward to using this yarn and having the shawl. I will definitely still make the Wool Peddler's Shawl and I will need to search for new yarn.

When I return the yarn I bought for friend's baby gift last week, I may use that credit to get some different yarn for the shawl. Still not buying new yarn, but unfortunately my friend lost her baby and I learned that difficult news last week. I feel horrible and that I cannot keep the yarn I slotted for her baby.

Also, something I never mentioned on the blog last summer was when the Mason-Dixon knitting book came out, I went wild for it and bought tons of Sugar 'N Cream cotton yarn. I never did anything with it until I made the baby bibs last month. Now, I've decided to knit dishcloths with the yarn as I feel if it's there, it needs to be used up. I have a goal now of knitting one dishcloth a week. Since the inception of my once a week dischloths last week, I've knit two.





The dishcloths are fun and quick to knit. I think they will be more useful in the kitchen than the sponges we currently use and easier to clean and nuke them to kill any germs.

That's all from the knitside today.

No comments: