Tuesday, May 08, 2007

2 FOs, Oh My

The Monkey socks were recently taken off the needles. I'm very happy to have them completed and I love the pattern. I can definitely see making more of these in the future.

Project Specs
Pattern: Monkey from Knitty
Yarn Used: Austermann Step sock yarn in color Melba color 10
Size needles: US 1.5 needles or (2.5 mm)
Project length: entirely too long (mid-January to May of this year)
Project modifications: none, knit pattern as written, although I didn't follow instructions for the heel flap. I knit my standard heel flap and worked the heel turn as for a round heel, which is my standard.

Oh, my the Chevron scarf was the scarf that would never end. While I like it mostly, I was happy to just be done with it. Knitting this on size 5 (US needles) needles felt like I never made any progress, but it was great to work on while taking the Light Rail to and from school.


Project Specs
Pattern: Chevron Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn used: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Valentine and Desert Flower, 1 skein of each color
Size needles used: US 5
Project length: Approx. 2 months
Project modifications: none, the scarf ended up being 69 inches in length, although I still have a bit of yarn left, but not too much.


And lastly, this was a little sumthin-sumthin' I picked up last week. I adore these stitch markers. The shop vendor is Aija and her Etsy shop is, Zero. She sells the most beautiful stitch markers and will size the jump rings according to your needs, at no extra charge. The price is quite reasonable and I ended up picking up 3 sets and Aija dropped in a couple of single ones on a signature card. Quick service and great quality.



That's all for today.

No comments: