Hmm, I seem to have been tagged by several people for variations of the same meme. Andrea, Susan, Kim, and Pooch.
The premise is to post 7 or 8(depending on the version of the meme)random facts and then tag others. Well, I'm going to already go against the rules and not tag anyone else because it's taken me about 1.5 weeks to get to this, so if anyone wants to do it, feel free, if not, oh well.
I debated for awhile if I would even do this meme, as I tend to never get around to doing them, but then figured what the heck.
1. While I am childfree (lifting this from Beth's tag post) and have never had delusions of having children, although when I was in college I thought I might adopt, my partner has 3 kids and one lives with us. No biological children, but now I bear the moniker of "stepmom". How ironic.
2. My father died when I was two years old. I was born in St. Louis, Missouri where my mom met and married my father, when she moved to St. Louis to go to nursing school. I later returned to St. Louis to attend college. Life is cyclical, is it not?
3. I never met relatives on my father's side until I was 17, almost 18. He has several brothers and sisters (Grandma was a Rolling Stone) and there are still 2 uncles I have yet to meet, one is in jail for life and the other in TX.
4. No one in my family knits, except for me. My grandmother was a skilled seamstress and quilter. It wasn't until she died that I learned that she crocheted as well. Another of my aunts also crocheted, but doesn't any longer. I also grew up in the South, so knitting wasn't as popular as crochet tends to me in milder climates.
5. M comes from a family of 8 siblings, where I have only one sibling (but two stepbrothers who didn't live with us, if that counts). My mother comes from a family of 6 siblings, all female. Could you imagine if I began pro-creating? I leave it to my sister to be the fecund one.
6. Growing up, I was a voracious reader. I had dreams of living abroad and a life full of travel. While in college, I spent a semester abroad living in Leiden, The Netherlands and loved every minute of it. While there, I traveled to Barcelona, Madrid, Granada, Cordoba, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Lisbon, Antwerp, Brussels, Paris, Gibraltar and Morocco.
7. Every year I mail out Christmas cards. My Xmas card list in years past was over 150+. This past year was the first year that it was just about 100. Over the years I've lost touch with some friends and then with the addition of M's large family, there's a lot of cards that need to go out.
8. I am considering a Master's in Political Science and I have no idea what I will do that. But yet, I still want to pursue it. After leaving school without fulfilling my Bachelor's, I never thought I would go back to it. Again, life =cycle.
9. Are you tired of my randomness? It's not as easy as one might think, unless you're way more random than me. My sister and I are like night and day, completely different people. As we get older, we both seem to appreciate the differences a bit more. There is also a 6 year difference in age between the both of us and I am the oldest. Can you tell?
10. Even though I love meeting new people, internally I am actually shy. Those that have met me IRL would probably tend to disagree. I have to muster up energy to be more outgoing than I am. When I go to a party where I barely know anyone, I tend to stay in my corner and talk to whomever I know. And if someone talks to me then I talk, otherwise I stay in the corner. Pretty funny that dichotomy, huh?
I'm sure there's more randomness, but that's all I can muster up for now.
To the other half of the meme business, this is one I've wanted to do, more for me than others.
Bold for stuff you've done, italics for stuff you plan to do eventually and normal for stuff you don't intend to do
Knitting with metal wire
Knitting with camel yarn
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Drop stitch patterns-Clapotis, anyone?
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with Bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Knitting with soy yarn—soy blend
Knitting with circular needles
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers-Fuzzy Feet, yes?
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)
Publishing a knitting book
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Knitting with Alpaca
Fair Isle Knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies...)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Knitting with someone else's handspun yarn
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male to knit
Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton
Knitting two socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars simultaneously-Why??
Knitting with wool
Kitchener Bind Off
Knitting with beads
Long Tail CO-that's what I use the most!
Knitting and Purling Backwards
Knitting with self-patterning/self-striping/variegated yarn-umm, can you say socks!!
Knitting with Cashmere
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves-tried them once and didn't care for them
Knitting with Linen
Knitting for preemies
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Knitting on a loom
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets-just wrong
Knitting with dog/cat hair-even more wrong
Knitting in public-all the time