Thursday, May 17, 2007

Such A Great Time

was had on my trip to Boston to visit a dear friend, Cyn. I didn't actually do a lot of sightseeing, but I was pretty tired, so I wanted to take it easy.

We headed to the NH Sheep & Wool Festival on Saturday. It was great fun and much bigger than Estes, although I was told that this was small and that Rhinebeck and Maryland Sheep and Wool are much bigger.

A bit of shopping was done there, as well as at Windsor Button. I also had the opportunity to meet old friends, as well as new ones. Absolutely tons of fun. Cyn was the guide and helped to make sure that we both hit up all the vendors.

At the wool fest, my wool haul was:


(from l to r)
2 skeins of Spirit Trail Fiberworks in aqua and a yellow-gold color, 2 skeins of Nature's Palette in a Zinfandel colorway purchased from Carolina Homespun, Fox Sox Yarn from Foxfire Fiber in the Loon colorway and lastly, a skein of variegated sock yarn from Judy at Ball and Skein.

Shopping at Windsor Button netted me the following:


2 skeins of Claudia's Handpaint in colorway Ingrid's Blues and 2 skeins of Lang Jawoll in a solid blue color.

The real gem of the day at Windsor Button was a skein of Handmaiden Sea Silk in the midnight colorway.




That's all for now. I'm tired of linking to everything. More later with actual knitting!

No comments: