Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Quick Hello

Took a brief blog hiatus without really meaning to, but not feeling like I have much to say. I've got the blog blahs. Just lots of things happening lately and never enough time. Still knitting like a crazy woman, though.

M2 graduated from 8th grade this past weekend and lots of fun and festivities for him. M and I gratefully left him with a friend's parents after the graduation to transport him and a friend to a school-sponsored event at a local amusement park. We headed out to the People's Fair to walk around, check out the local vendors and eat bad fair food. It was great to spend the rest of the day together. Our lives have been so busy lately that we haven't had the us time, so it was good.

I planned on writing a post telling you how I was going to take a blog break for awhile. As I thought about what all I was going to say, I realized that for all of that wordiness, I could have just typed a blog post and throw up some pics of my knitting in progress. Whew, I'm sure you're all relieved.

Knitting-wise, I never relayed what happened with the Classic Elite cardi. I picked up too many stitches around the underarm and had a "bulge" under the arm which was not noticeable until I tried on the sweater with one sleeve on. It looked ridiculous, but at the time, I didn't know what was wrong with it and thought I might have to rip and reknit. Which would happen, but I was in no hurry to get to it. My friend Susan looked at it and let me know that I would need to pickup less stitches and reknit the sleeves over, but that wasn't so bad. However, as the weather has been getting hotter, I'm less enthused about knitting a wool cardigan. it's on hold till fall.

On to spring knitting, I've cast on for the Ballet Camisole using Shine Sport in Crocus.



On to socks, I've cast on a pair for myself using a most delightful pattern. I'm using new sock yarn purchased at the NHS&W from Spirit Trail Fiberworks.


A co-worker was expecting a baby and I wanted to knit something, but not a big something. Mason-Dixon knitting came to the rescue with baby burp cloths. Not something that was too over the top and was just perfect. I like the baby bibs but don't like sewing on buttons. Let's face it, I'm lazy and getting the buttons might take me much longer than the actual knitting. There's a lot to finishing I don't love and I have to feel like doing it when I feel like it.
These were done over the Memorial Day weekend out of Lily Sugar 'N Cream cotton.



I've got yarn on the needles for my Sockapalooza pal, but haven't started them yet. Still have to figure out the right pattern.

I might still be incognito for awhile. Just handling lots of different things right now. Also spending a bit too much time getting set up on Ravelry too.

No comments: