It's Juliet, here to greet you. This one's been a long one in the making, which is pretty sad, because I knit it fairly quickly. Then I outsourced the finishing (haha!), which was just to have some crochet done around the neckline and armholes. But I let it sit for months before I crocheted two loops for buttons and sewed on two buttons on the sweater and called it good.
Because I knit the body of Juliet in stockinette and not garter stitch, the sides tend to curl. The neckline did lie flatter during the day, but by the end, it wasn't as flat. When I took this picture, it was around 8 or 9 p.m., so I was pretty tired, which is why my head is cropped out of the last photo, b/c it just wasn't a good picture.
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in Taupe, 7 skeins
Needles: US 10 and 10.5
Project Length: Sept 2007-Jan 2008
Mods:Knit body in stockinette, not on purpose, but when I realized I was supposed to do garter stitch, I'd already gotten pretty far with it and decided it was a "design element". Also, I didn't put the garter line right underneath the girls. Didn't think that line of demarcation would be that flattering, so I put it closer to my natural waist and I'm pretty happy with it. At first, I thought I would have preferred my Juliet to be longer, but honestly after looking at pictures of myself in it, I'm very pleased with it. I put the buttons on last weekend and wore it twice. My only thought now is to make one in wool. It's perfect as a topper and I'm surprised at how much I like it.
Ok, just one more FO to go, but honestly, it's so simple, it'll probably get thrown in with a regular knitting post a little later.