Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Leaving on a Jet Plane . .

Yep, I am leaving, actually tomorrow morning to NY at midnight. I can't wait. Pretty excited to go see the Big Apple as I've never been. I still don't have any real plans of what to see and do. I initially wanted to do a lot of yarn shopping, but the funds do not allow for it, so I may hit one yarn shop, but that's it and that's fine with me. I also will not have that much time for sightseeing. I mean, I will have 3-4 days to do some things, but I have 2-3 friends that I want to visit with while I'm there, as well as visit with the bf's friends and family, so I'm not going to worry about what I don't see, because there will be more visits there, I'm sure. :-)

Thanks to those who left me kind notes from my last post, they are appreciated. After the weekend, I was much better, probably because I left the house and had human contact. And I think the initial separation was tough, but then I began to deal with it better. I got a lot of knitting done from the time cooped up in the house too.

I finished the second half of my red-orange tank, and the back is already done. I will still have to seam it back together, but otherwise the knitting portion is all done. Yay! I also finished the back for Donna.

However, my projects to take to NYC will be a nursing shawl I already cast on for my sister, made out of Encore in an oatmeal color. I just cast on for it on Monday evening and it's just a simple garter stitch one row and a yo after the first stitch of the next row and before the last stitch. I plan to also take along Tempting as it has been neglected for a bit. I worked on it last night for the first time in almost two weeks and added another 2.5 inches to it, but it's only up to 8.25 inches. The 2x2 ribbing gets old quickly, but I do want to finish it, so I plan to work on this one alot. I think I will also take yarn for Donna, but just for the sleeves, in case I get too bored with Tempting, but I would like to get up to 12-13 inches on this thing, so I can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here.

We will have a layover (stayover) in Atlanta for one night on the way back, so hopefully Chason (my nephew) would have made his way into the world. If not, I get to visit my sister and my bf will meet her for the first time as well as my mother. That's also another reason to crank out this nursing shawl, so I can deliver it to my sister. She doesn't know that I am making it for her. So super-cool! And then we head on back to Denver the following day.

I guess that's about all for now. I should be back on the 14th or 15th, but I might be off for a day or two before blogging. Gotta get back to reality first. And once I come back, I promise pictures too. My boyfriend has the digital camera with him currently. I will update pictures and take a few of NYC as well.

Take care all.

No comments: