Tuesday, May 31, 2005

So Frustrated?!?!?!?!

You know how sometimes you should just stop? When you and your knitting are not getting along? That's how my weekend went with knitting. Everything got to a point where I just had to stop or what I tried didn't work so well. The sad truth of the matter is that I'm good with the knitting, but the finishing and I don't get along so well.

Readers, you should be impressed (or maybe not) that I did finish the one day poncho (kind of hard not to as it's on size 19 needles), I didn't finish it in one day, but I cast on Friday night, did a major portion of it and then finished up on Sunday. However, I have yet to put it all together. I also got to a stopping point on Donna. I'm not picking up the short-row concept very well, but I don't want to have to get another reference book to understand this. I will probably have to search on the web to see if I can find better explanations for it. Uggh.

I decided on Sunday that yesterday should be my finishing day. I have the tank I finished a couple of weeks ago, as well as a hat for dbf's son that just needs a pompon on top and this pinche tank! So I begin attempting to cut and knot the ends for the poncho and lost patience after about two of them! Not very good. So I kept knitting on Donna and then stopped there at the short rows and went on over to Tempting and cast on for a sleeve and am halfway through the first sleeve.

I think I will block the pieces for the tank first, not that I think they need them, but the bottoms of both pieces have seed stitch instead of ribbing, so I do need to make them lie down. I'll try that and then attempt to seam the shoulders and sides. I think I can mattress seam those together. However, I really hate weaving in ends. It's very lazy of me, but I'm fortunate that my LYS does finishing and at reasonable rates. But I'm going to try to finish something on my own, or at least ask for a little help, but do it myself. I'll work on that this week. If I do one project at a time, perhaps I won't feel so overwhelmed.

I rushed out this weekend to buy a ball of black Cotton-Ease to make the One Skein Wonder, ala Glampyre, but I didn't start it this weekend after all. I think I was becoming again overwhelmed with all the projects I have going and that are in various stages of finished or still working, so I would like to get some of this other stuff out of the way first.

This past Friday, we had another MHC meetup at Chez Cathi who is as always a fabulous host. She feted us with melon sangria (yum yummy!) and melted cheese, who doesn't love melted cheese? And cute cupcakes made to look like California sushi rolls! Very cute. I also got yarn from Mz. Cathi, some Lion Brand Cotton-Ease in the Candy Blue, which is destined for a Sitcom Chic. I'll have pics tomorrow.

I was supposed to meet up with Joanne and others on Saturday morning at Colorful Yarns, however due to dbf's son being grounded the day before, said son stayed with me and while he's good to hang out at book store, at a yarn store, not so much. So we stayed at home and I got to put all of my fall clothes away and break out the summer clothes, which was good to get them all out.

The rest of the weekend was hanging out with some friends for a bbq later Saturday night and Sunday I had to work at part-time job for a floorset early in the a.m., then I came home and crashed. Not much was done except watching movies and then more of the same yesterday. The weather was pretty crappy anyway, so it was a nice day to stay inside yesterday.

Oh, and I forgot to mention a huge shout-out to Miz Jenifer (aka Senora Farrell) for gifting me with a mixed CD! Thank you very much. Thus far I've been enjoying listening to it. Such a cool and unexpected surprise.

I also received an email from my Secret Pal yesterday and I will have to get my answers up to the questionnaire a little later on today or tomorrow. Need to update my Amazon wish list, it's so out-of-date!

Happy knitting to all!

No comments: