Sunday, May 01, 2005

Missin' My Boy

That's what this weekend has been about. My bf flew out on Friday morning headed to NYC and since then I've been missing him. It was ok Friday night, some of the girls(Cynthia,Cathi, Jenifer, and Michelle) and that helped me keep my mind off it. We had a ball and Michelle gifted us with some beautiful stitch markers and a very sweet card. Thanks again Michelle, that was very nice of you and I appreciate it. Cyn even got some that were not matching (hehe!) sure to vex her OCD habit, but she loved them anyway. Cathi brought over a cookie in a sheep shape just for me. Yum. And they all got to pet my stash, but it was easy to get to, although Cathi kept mentioning that next time she would wear baggy clothes to spirit my yarn away! Nev-ah! Can't allow the yarn to leave the premises. Just can't happen. We had a good time sittin' and knittin' and I was glad to have them over. I will have to do that again. Believe it or not, it was the first time since I've been in my place of almost a year of having people over. I've had a friend stop in a time or two, but never had people over, you see?

But since then, kind of been in a funk. I did get up early (for me 8AM) to get my eyebrows waxed and then headed out to knitting at Borders Park Meadows. Ran a couple of errands and then came home. I felt bad b/c I kind of bailed on some friends I was supposed to see a movie and dinner with, but I just wanted to come home and veg and the weather was kind of crappy. I didn't want to be out. I've just been feeling kind of maudlin and I guess waiting for my phone calls with M, the bf.

Sounds pretty pathetic, I know. But really since I've met him, I'm the happiest I've ever been. I'm happy with myself and therefore able to be completely and totally happy in a relationship. After going through the divorce from hell, I never wanted to be involved with anyone again. Took time off from the dating scene for 1.5 years, dated someone briefly while I lived in Dallas (only lived there for 10 months, but that's a whole 'notha Oprah), and then moved back to Denver and a few months later met M.

It's so funny (bizarrely that it's normal, not funny ha-ha)to be with someone with whom you can be completely yourself. Not trying to be what you think you should be and knowing that person still loves you for you. It's a complete and radical shift from what I had with my ex. I think b/c we both went through difficult divorces (mine wasn't horrible filled with custody and property battles, just at one (of the many times we ended up breaking up, it was surprising, the request for a divorce that is)that when we ended up with each other, we clicked instantly and simultaneously. There was no game-playing and no drama.

Even though he sometimes gets on my nerves (I mean, really, who doesn't?) and I know I vex him sometimes (sorry, honey), we still love each other unconditionally. So even though it's a short period, I miss my other half. It's really hard to be separated from him, but I know I will see in a few days and I can't wait.

Whew. Sorry to be such a mushy girl today, but I guess I needed to get that out. All of that alone time has not been for naught though. The red-orange V-neck tank is almost finished now. I got my Katia book from Cynthia this weekend and I've been cranking it out. I may have it finished today, if not then by Tuesday evening when I have my hair appointment. And the back of Donna is done. I bound her off. And I've pulled out a snug tee to measure myself for the measurements to figure out how to do short-row bust shaping. I'm still just loving the color on this thing. Although I have been neglecting Tempting. I must correct that and put a few more inches on her so she doesn't feel completely abused.

At some point in my ahem! free time, I must cast on for a nursing shawl for my sis. Gotta do it soon, before I leave for NYC, b/c it looks like I'll get to see her for a brief bit when returning from NYC! Yay! Oh and my mom too.

No comments: