Sunday, June 04, 2006

Intro to the Amazing Lace

Tardy as ever, I would like to thank everyone first for your sweet comments on the Cabaret Red Raglan. I really appreciated them and absolutely love the sweater. As I mentioned in a previous post, I changed my mind about what project I would do for the Amazing Lace. Initially, my plans were to go with Cozy. I'd planned what I was going to do and say about Cozy and then last weekend as it got considerably hotter, I realized that I don't really want to knit on a long wrap/stole in the summer with no AC(as my condo doesn't have AC), so that turned out to be a bad idea.

But for the Amazing Lace, I've picked out a new partner,CeCe. CeCe hails from the streets of Chi-town, courtesy of Bonne Marie. I think CeCe is the perfect teammate for the Amazing Lace challenge. Since I have special needs, the need to not sweat while knitting wool as this project will most likely be knitted at home and the thought of knitting laceweight yarn is not appealing to me at this very moment, obviously we had to come to a compromise. After seeing numerous CeCes in progress throughout the web, it became clear. A lace garment would be just my speed. CeCe won out a)mostly because I saw it and loved it and finally seeing Bonne Marie's finished Red CeCe sent me over the edge last weekend and I had to have it and b)garments have been my "thang" lately, so why not a lacy cardi, even if it is bottom-up and not top-down,it should be all good.

I'm very much looking forward to CeCe and I getting better acquainted with a cast-on sometime this week. The yarn I will be using is a discontinued yarn from Reynolds, Sedona, a 100% mercerized cotton yarn in a beautiful plum color. I can't wait to get started!!

No comments: