Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Seraphim's humble beginning

Hi All,
It's drive-by blogging today. I don't think I mentioned yet, but I changed my Amazing Lace project to the Seraphim Shawl by Mim, my new favorite lace designer! Not that I have a stable of lace designers, mind you, but I'm loving this knit. I cast with some Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool that I purchased last year at Estes and I cast on the night before our trek to Estes. I had just a little started that I was able to show Mim while at Estes. I was such a nerd, I was so excited to meet Mim. Anyhow, since I cast on for this shawl, I've been knitting it nonstop. As most of you know, I am able to knit some at work while on calls. I had to make myself put it down yesterday as I'm working more of the charted section now (ok, working all charts now) and it's really too difficult to concentrate and oh say help the people I'm supposed to ! :-) Here's where the shawl is now and I apologize in advance for the crappy cell phone pic, but I keep forgetting to take pics for the past few days. And yes, I do have a bajillion stitch markers on it, but I need it. This is my first time doing any charted lace.



Below is a close-up of a couple of the lace repeats in the shawl.


Lastly, I've since picked up Ribby Shell again. It wasn't quite as fun knitting it as it's back and forth knitting since I needed to separate the front from the back. But it's good knitting while talking on the phone, so I switched back to it and it's moving along nicely and now it's not bothering me to knit on it. When I cast on for Seraphim, it seemed like torture to work on Ribby, but now that the rows of Seraphim are getting longer and longer and take an eternity to finish one row, I need to work on something else so that I don't feel frustrated.




That's is from my little corner of the world, not much happening,just a lot of knitting on Seraphim. I'm looking forward to the long weekend. I plan to knit like crazy on Seraphim.

No comments: