Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questionnaire

Hmm, since I joined Secret Pal 5 and I have heard from my pal, I suppose I should send this thing in. Here goes nothing . .

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Some people take offense to the term yarn snob, but not me. I don't like going around saying I'm a snob, but I do prefer natural fibers. I love wool, mohair , not as much, alpaca, I adore, merino wool is wonderful. Angora is also nice. That said, I will use Encore for baby projects and I just bought some Bernat acrylic to make a baby sweater, so we'll see if I can stand the acrylic, but if it feels soft, I might be able to get over.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? No and no. No interest in spinning at all, they make such lovely yarn at the store. Small interest in crochet, but probably just enough for edgings and to one day make an afghan.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) No allergies, although I would prefer anything I receive to smell like smoke or pet fibers left behind. Don't mean to be picky, but I'm a non-smoker, so anything that smells like smoke is a big turn-off.


4. How long have you been knitting? 4+ years, still feel like I'm just an advanced beginner, but who knows what all the terms means. I've been finding myself slowly taking more leaps with knitting and trying more techniques, whereas before I was just doing the same thing and was pretty happy with it.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yep, right here



6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) pear, honeysuckle, vanilla, lavender, some clean scents. i.e. rain or sky, but no food scents and nothing overtly floral


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Unfortunately yes, love chocolate (milk or white are faves, although I do like dark chocolate, but no chocolate with fruit or fruity fillings), but really not too much candy and sweets as I am trying to cut back


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Nothing else, knitting is enough of an addiction


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't know if my computer could play MP3s or not, so I'd probably say no. I have a wide range of musical tastes, R&B, neo-soul, jazz, latin and world music. There are other various artists I like here and there, but it's really too random to mention.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Purple is my all-time favorite color. I also love teal, turquoise, apple green, fuchsia, most bright colors bring out my dark skin tone. Pale colors and pastels are usually not my friend. I love chocolate brown but it does nothing for me as I am already chocolate, so that would probably be an avoid, as well as pastel colors. I really would not like putrid green, hunter green or dark fall-type colors as they are rather blah on me. Oh and I also love red and bright blues!


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my SO Maurice, no kids and no pets. I'm not a pet kind of girl.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Probably merino wool or anything very soft and alpaca. Love, love, love it!


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I'm not really a huge fan of mohair. I love how it looks knitted up, but I find it hard to find mohair that is really soft and when I knit with it, I always gets bits of it left everywhere, on me, and in my mouth, yick.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Currently, all knitting seems to be my obsession. Not a particular thing


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I guess my favorite items to knit are things for me! Gee, is that selfish or what? I knit for other people, but I love enhancing my closet with more knits. I love making sweaters and tanks (in the summer) and love knitting socks.


17. What are you knitting right now? Too much stuff, that's for sure. Tempting (a ribbed sweater with low neck and short sleeves), Donna (summery sweater with v-neck and ribbing around waist, v. cute), a summer poncho (well, that's all done with knitting), an errant pair of socks and have a couple more tanks in the queue, as well as a shrug


18. What do you think about ponchos? I don't think everyone should have a ton of them, but I do like them. I knit one this winter that I absolutely adore. Now that I just finished one for the summer, I might be good. But I might just make a different one using the Harlot's pattern, we shall see.


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circs all the way, baby. Really can't stand straight needles at all. I fail to see the purpose.


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Aluminum Inox Express or Addi Turbos are the favored needles, Bamboo only when necessary and plastic, hmm, I guess if Pony Pearls count for dpns, love them for sock knitting


21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes and I have quite the sock stash to boot!


22. How did you learn to knit? classes at a yarn shop, which I found quite by accident


23. How old is your oldest UFO? About 2 years old (sad, but true) A pretty blue tank top


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? none


25. What is your favorite holiday? all of them, I love holidays. Well, okay, maybe not all of them, but Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, my birthday (8/27) the best day ever! (I might be a little biased there!), I guess that's it.


26. Is there anything that you collect? Besides the yarn I horde and covet, hmm, books. I love to read and have tons and tons of books, as well as lots of CDs.


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None currently, I let them lapse when I last moved, although I regularly pick up Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting. I'm usually pretty happy with these, less so with Knitters, almost never with Knit 'N Style and Cast On, I almost never buy the last two.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Probably best to see the Amazon gift list for suggestions. I know when the new Sally Melville Book3 comes out, I will be all upon it.

That's all for now.

No comments: