Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Boulder Knit-Out recap

Hi all, things have still been pretty busy. I completely forgot I had to work at EB this weekend (well, Sunday and Monday mornings, v. early), so I'm still sleep-deprived, but wanted to post some updates.

Saturday, Cynthia and I headed out to the annual Boulder Knit Out, hosted by the Boulder Hand Knitting Guild, of which our dear Jenifer is the newly elected President. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I'd never been before. I saw some ladies I'd met before and met lots of new people. I had a great time and met some new knitters. I met Carla, who described me as bubbly! Which is quite funny, but she introduced herself as a blog reader (what, who reads this rag, anyway?!) ;-), so that was quite funny and we became fast friends! Cynthia says I talked to everyone and that did seem to be the case, but I had a blast. I've also set up a photo set on my flickr page, so feel free to hop over here to see all the pictures.

One of the fun things is to see are all the beautiful knits that others have made and everyone, is of course, wearing some of the handknitted finest! Cyn and Jenifer both fell sway to the dark side, spinning, and tried spinning with a drop spindle,as pictured here:
Jenifer and Cynthia both spinning

I met Kristi, of Knitting Fool blog, and we are also on a knitting list together, so it was nice to meet her in person. She was there with spindle in hand, helping those who were interested in learning to spin.
Kristi spinning

And the lovely Amanda (not a blogger, but we've been on a list as well and never met in person). It cracks me up when someone says they read my blog, b/c I think, really! Amanda had the most amazing shawl/scarf on and it was a Fiber Trends patterns, I believe and it was beaded. So pretty. Amanda should really have a blog too! See it:
Amanda

Many others were there to knit and hang out as Cyn and I did. We also toured the Farmer's Market and they had some tasty items. I came home with a small bag of Honeycrisp apples, which are delicious. I'm still waiting to hear of Cynthia's report of the hot, hot garlic she bought.

I forgot to mention that I also received a couple of gifties. One from Nik, which was a copy of


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Thanks so much Nik.

And Cynthia gifted me with a copy of Scarf Style, since I've been coveting everyone else's copy for awhile. Thanks a lot Cyn. I can definitely get use out of this book.

I'll post more later, but that's all for today.

No comments: