Monday, June 13, 2005

Coming Up for Air

Hi all,
Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I really appreciate it. Losing your job just sucks big-time. I've been trying to get over the shock and start looking for jobs. Also had to brush up on my resume. Thankfully, my knitting girlz were meeting up last Thursday, a good idea to get me out of the house and to stop being so morose.

It was great seeing everyone: Cyn, Michaele, Cathi, Libby, Stacey, Amy, etc. All of my pictures turned out pretty crappily, but if you check out Cathi's or Libby's blog, there are pics.

I was supposed to meet up with Joanne and some others this past Friday evening, but I just couldn't make it. I made myself leave the house during the day on Friday, went to an Einstein's and used their wi-fi to work on my resume while my DSL connection was down. Once I arrived home, I was so beat, I laid down and the next thing you know it was 6 p.m. And M's brother and his gf have been in town since Wednesday evening, so we were off to hang out with them. They leave late tonight for NYC, so maybe now my evenings can be my own again too. Although it was good to get out of the house.

I ran into Jon at my LYS this past Saturday and he asked me how much knitting time had I gotten in since I didn't have to report to work any longer. Sadly, not much has been done. Just getting over the shock led me to not knit much at all and then the rest of my time has been searching for jobs. I did get work on Donna some this weekend, now on to the raglan shaping and V-neck shaping.

Tempting is not tempting me much lately, but I do need to plug away on this so that I can soon be done.

However, we do have a FO in the house! The one-day poncho that I worked over Memorial Day weekend has been completed.

From this:
Posted by Hello


to finished poncho:


Posted by Hello



That's all for now.

No comments: