Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Lots to talk about

As many of you may know, the Mile High Knitters met last Friday 04/08/05. We went to Lesley's house in Lafayette and were treated royally. Lesley provided a feast for our eyes with homemade spinach artichoke dip in a bread bowl, pretzels to munch on or dip in chocolate, chocolate fondue with a platter of marshmallows, pineapples, brownies and other sugary treats, real whipped cream and strawberry shortcake, plus wine. I was in heaven. A great time was had by all and many of us admitted we might have ADD, trying to follow all of the great conversations by everyone.

Here are a few pictures from Friday night:

Posted by Hello

Michelle, Shirley and Jenifer

Posted by Hello

Tamara and Cathi

Posted by Hello

me, Cynthia and Stacey

Posted by Hello

Cathi and Lesley (the hostess with the mostess!)

The picture of me is goofy, but that is not suprising! I generally am not too enthralled with my pictures. Anyhow, several of the ladies were working on the
Clap. I've been trying hard not to start it, but I think I will succumb. I mean, how can I resist the urge to fall into the wave of the Clap that took over Denver?! I've already decided that I will do it out of sock yarn. I will probably head over to Knitty Cat in the metro Denver area for Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn, as it is fairly inexpensive and I've seen it done in that weight and it still looks great. And that is way to make it more affordable to me. I love Lorna's Laces Lion and Lamb yarn, but who wants to spend $30/hank and you need 3-4 of them?!?! That's nice for others, but not for my budget.

My bf got tickets to a Denver Nuggets game. I am not athletically inclined and most sports leave me bored. Basketball is usually ok, except my bf is so into it, that I've watched a lot of these games over the season. Especially as the Nuggets have done better and have clinched a spot in the playoffs. However going to a live game is a so/so experience for me. Since I didn't want to be bored, I cast on for this and got this far at the game:
Posted by Hello

which is the second sock for the blueberry waffle stitch sock I'm working on

In case many of you were not aware, over this weekend, those of us in Denver, got to experience the Blizzard of '05! I was snowed in on Sunday and took Monday off as there was even more snow on the road and I didn't want to drive in that. That meant lots of knitting time. I'll show some pics of knitting finished tomorrow. But I'll just leave you with one more picture of the snowy view from Chez WW taken on Sunday (04/10/05):
Posted by Hello


With all that snow, you'd best believe no one left our house on Sunday and so much knitting was done. I didn't even get to the computer and watched lots of movies and knitted.

Until tomorrow,

No comments: