Monday, April 25, 2005

What a Weekend

I always have great ideas that I will blog on the weekends, but the reality is, that has yet to happen. Blogging sometimes feels like a job. While I enjoy it M-F, on the weekends, I usually just don't want to.

Anyhow, this weekend, had lots of fun with my knitting girls, Stacey, Michelle, and Cynthia. Stacey organized a beading outing where we hit Bead It! We picked out beads (which could be a dangerous hobby) and made stitch markers right there in the store. Thank goodness, because if I had to take them home, I would've spent a ton. Michelle made a few, but took home some beads too. Stacey actually brought some of her beads, made a couple of stitch markers and then broke out her serious bead collection and pulled out some very cute beads and made a necklace. See the layout of beads to be a symmetrical necklace:
Posted by Hello


and then the finished product, as modeled by the lovely Stacey . .
Posted by Hello




Miss Cynthia also made quite a few beaded stitch markers, here's but a few:
Posted by Hello


and I made just a few and a pair of earrings, which are so cute!
Posted by Hello


After having lunch and then hitting Joann's in search of some Cotton-Ease (since it is being discontinued), which Stacey and Cynthia had too much fun shopping. I made it out with no Cotton-Ease(darn it all!), but a pair of collapsible scissors, which hopefully I will have enough sense to not bring on my carry-on this time!

Sunday was spent lazing about watching lots of movies, Hotel Rwanda, great movie, but oh so sad, but very life-affirming. Meet the Fockers, so-so on the humor, but was nevertheless entertaining and later on, a re-viewing of Sideways, which I just adore. And I made lots of progress on Donna and Tempting, see:

Posted by Hello



and Tempting here:
Posted by Hello



As my bf says, I was knitting most of the days, a good 10-12 hours and knitting exclusively on these two items. I was quite happy with the progress. Today, I may work on turning the heel on my almost-forgotten sock, then I can work on that one in public again.

That is all for now . .

No comments: